Our 9th and 10th grade students have worked tremendously hard over the last three weeks to organize CSD's 2nd annual Alternative Gift Fair, which we're calling Gifts for the Greater Good this year. We know that this is a busy time of year for everyone, but we so want to help make this fair a success for the organizations represented and for the kids who’ve put their hearts on the line to make the fair happen. This year the number of organizations represented has risen to 18, and we hope to make their holidays happier by providing a much needed financial boost this season. We had a very successful inaugural fair last year, and we are hopeful that we will do just as well for our community this year!
We hope you’ll make plans to return the love to the kids and to the Davidson and regional organizations that support our school and our community in so many ways throughout the year. Attend the Alternative Gift Fair Friday at the high school between 10:00 and 2:00 and:
1. Visit booths designed by our Advisory groups to represent the work of these important nonprofit organizations in our community:
• Davidson Housing Coalition
• Davidson Public Library
• Davidson Cornelius Child Development Center
• Davidson Historical Society
• Davidson Community Players
• Davidson Farmers' Market
• Davidson Lands Conservancy
• Exceptional Children's Assistance Center
• Cornelius Animal Shelter
• Barium Springs Home for Children
• Boys' and Girls' Clubs of Our Towns
• Hornets' Nest Elementary School
• Our own anti-bullying initiative!
2. Make a donation of any size in honor of a loved one to any or all of the organizations represented. Cash or checks accepted.
3. Receive greeting cards that you can use to let your honorees know that you've thought of them this holiday season by lending your support to a fine community-oriented organization.
4. Get some great silk bags and tassels for the gifts you do plan to wrap--straight from our summer trip to China--to support CSDHS' summer travel program.
Thanks again for the support you show our students and staff, the school, and the community!